[stratum-announce] Stratum update

Uyen Chau uyen at opennetworking.org
Tue Apr 3 23:47:18 UTC 2018

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in Stratum.  We want to share some recent
activities and upcoming plans around Stratum.

*OCP*

A few weeks ago at the OCP Summit in San Jose, CA, Google demonstrated its
internal version of Stratum running on an ONL-based white box switch. Here
is the video of the demo: https://youtu.be/g_aPC1x4_cA?t=461

*ONS*

Last week at ONS NA in Los Angeles, CA, the Open Networking Foundation
(ONF) did a couple of talks on Stratum -- one at the LF Developer Forum and
another as part of the ONF Vision Workshop.  The slides are attached and
here is the link to the video of the Stratum talk at the workshop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLghrKpz2E0

One thing we want to highlight is our high level development plans for the
year.
​

*​Upcoming Asia Tour*

Brian (Stratum technical lead), Carmelo (ONOS P4 brigade lead), and I have
an upcoming trip to Tokyo, Seoul, and Taipei. If you're in that geography
and would like to join us, please let us know.

Here is our schedule:

*April 19-20: Tokyo, Japan*
NEC, Fujitsu, and NTT are co-sponsoring a 1.5 day event in Tokyo.  The 19th
will be a hands-on tutorial, followed by a full day of presentations on
ONOS, CORD, Stratum and P4 and corresponding use cases.

*April 23-24: Seoul, South Korea*
The SDN/NFV Forum is hosting Open Networking Korea (ONK), a 1.5 day event
in Seoul.  The 23rd will be an all-day event with presentations on ONOS,
CORD, Stratum and P4, and corresponding use cases.  This will be followed
by a half day deep dive into P4 on ONOS and Stratum.

*April 25-27: Taiwan*
The Taiwan portion of the trip will include a Stratum members-only session
on the 25th, hosted by Edge-core, followed by an all-day event at NCTU on
the 26th, and finally close with a P4 on ONOS tutorial at IEEE/IFIP NOMS on
the 27th.

If you can't make any of these events, we also plan to host a 1 or 1.5 day
program in the Bay Area, CA in May.

*Membership*

Finally, if you would like more information about becoming a member of the
Stratum project, you can find the required membership documents here:
https://wiki.opennetworking.org/display/COM/Stratum+Wiki+Home+Page

Regards,
Uyen