[stratum-dev] Questions about OVS, FPM, and supported hardware

A Sydney asydney007 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 15:03:43 UTC 2021

Hi Stratum guys,
                          I'm not sure of the right forum to ask these
questions, so it would be great if you could provide suggestions (I did
ping a few contacts listed on the repo, but no replies as yet, so I'm
posting it here). Can you kindly provide feedback to the following:

1. From the documentation on your github repo (in addition to tutorials and
presentations), it appears that the BMv2 is the virtual switch supported.
Does Stratum also support OVS (Or any other production grade virtual
switch?)? If not, is this on the roadmap?

2. From Brian's presentation in 2019 (https://youtu.be/I83VdrZtkyM), he
mentioned that the Stratum FPM compiler does not support MPLS and QinQ. Can
you kindly share documentation about what all is supported?

3.  Is support for Broadcom's D7264 on the roadmap?

Thanks!
-Syd