[stratum-dev] Stratum vs Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Brian O'Connor bocon at opennetworking.org
Mon May 10 21:33:05 UTC 2021

(Adding the mailing list for quicker replies and broader community
visibility)

Stratum doesn't run in the kernel; it runs in user space. There should be
no issues running on linux 5.4.

In terms of the kernel, the Stratum target for Broadcom uses the Broadcom
OpenNSA API, which has a few kernel modules. You may be able to recompile
these modules for whatever kernel version you need; the sources are here:
https://github.com/Broadcom-Network-Switching-Software/OpenNSA

Out of curiosity, what is the ASIC or switching target that you plan to use
for your project? Would BMv2 work (that would be entirely software with no
kernel specific code)?
https://github.com/stratum/stratum/tree/main/stratum/hal/bin/bmv2

Thanks, and sorry for the delayed reply!

Brian