[stratum-dev] Table entry from stratum_bmv2 different from ONOS store

A Sydney asydney007 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 03:06:36 UTC 2021

Hi Stratum folks,

# Context: I'm running standalone stratum_bmv2 instances on Debian 10
connected to ONOS where I've got a custom pipeconfig and app.

# Problem:
When I install flows, ONOS logs an error that table entries in
"l2_exact_table" on the switch are different from what's recorded in the
ONOS store. However, if you take a look at the rules, they are identical as
shown here: https://pastebin.com/i4Jkt26i

I activated the debugger and set a breakpoint near "if
(!translatedEntity.get().translated().equals(entry))" (i.e. in
P4RuntimeFlowRuleProgrammable.java) and both "translated" and "entry" have
the same values.

Have you come across this one? If not, perhaps I should take this up with
ONOS folks?

PS. I don't see this issue for other tables.

Thanks,
-Syd